Tue, Aug 25|
Kids Camp Week 4 (Aug 25-27)
A three-day camp for kids ages 7-12 that encourages a connection with nature and each other through yoga, gardening, cooking & exploration around the farm.
Time & Location
Aug 25, 2020, 9:00 AM – Aug 27, 2020, 3:00 PM
Bodhi Farms, 13620 S Cottonwood Rd, Bozeman, MT, USA
About the event
Join us for a three-day camp for kids ages 7-12 that encourages a connection with nature and each other through yoga, gardening, cooking and exploration around the farm. This camp will be held at Bodhi Farms, offering 35-acres of beautiful land along Cottonwood Creek just south of town. Although most of the camp will be outdoors, our large tipi tents will be in place with the sides up for yoga or in the case of inclement weather.
We are offering a three-day camp each week in August 2020 at a rate of $165 per week. This includes organic snacks as well as art/garden/cooking supplies.
Week 1: August 4, 5, 6 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Week 2: August 11, 12, 13 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Week 3: August 18, 19, 20 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Week 4: August 25, 26, 27 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
Time: 9am – 3pm
Drop off between 8:45am and 9:00am
Pick up between 3:00pm and 3:15pm
Cost: $165 per camper, per (3 day) week
General Schedule (will vary slightly each day):
8:45am-9:00am DROP OFF
9:00am - 9:45am YOGA: Movement
9:45am – 10:45am CREATE: Garden Tour & Make Garden Fresh Snacks
10:45am - 11:45am EXPLORE: Learn about Cottonwood Creek & the fish that inhabit this area
11:45am - 12:00pm PLAY: Nature Focused Games
12:00pm - 1:00pm LUNCH & FREE TIME (please bring your own lunch)
1:00pm - 2:30pm LEARN: Special Guest (Creative Journaling, Art Class, Permaculture Introduction)
2:30pm - 3:00pm SNACK: Locally sourced fruit
3:00pm - 3:15pm PICKUP
What to bring in your child’s backpack:
- a mask
- a water bottle
- a sack lunch
- water shoes
- athletic shoes for long walks
- an extra change of clothes
- an extra pair of socks
- rain coat
- bug spray
Please apply sunscreen before arriving at camp and be sure your camper has had a good, nutritious breakfast. Please note, this is an outdoor experience, and as such we will have portable restrooms and handwashing stations available.
Cancellations made 4 days or more prior to the program start date will be refunded in full. Cancelations made 3 days or fewer prior to the program start date are subject to retention of the entire camp fee. No refunds for “no-shows.” Bodhi Farms reserves the right to deny enrollment to a student. If Bodhi Farms needs to cancel a program, full refunds will be issued.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Tanya Smith, Owner & Director of Wellness at Bodhi Farms, is a certified children’s yoga instructor who received her yoga certification in Costa Rica where she found a deep connection with the outdoors through yoga and local, healthy foods. She is passionate about bringing this experience to children in this incredible natural setting at Bodhi Farms. Tanya is a Registered Yoga Teachers and is CPR certified for children and adults.
Cameron Gustafson, Farm Manager, comes to Bodhi Farms with a background in farm education and sustainability. From developing & conducting farm and food based educational children’s programs in Minnesota to harvesting & processing fruits and vegetables into juices on a farm in Hawaii, Cameron is excited to teach children about sustainability and environmental stewardship.
Karen Henderson, Event Coordinator at Bodhi Farms, is an accomplished award-winning pastry artist and chef! She supported the farm to school movement in Sacramento, CA in the classroom setting in non-profit and public schools where she was able to inspire and teach valuable skills to young chefs in the garden and the kitchen and build relationships within the community.
Margaret Elliott is a certified yoga instructor with experience teaching kids and adults. She is in school to get her master's degree in Food and Nutrition Sciences and plans to become a registered dietitian within the next few years. Margaret has a passion for cooking and eating healthy foods, gardening, and being outdoors hiking with her dog. Margaret is a Registered Yoga Teacher and is CPR certified for children and adults.
We will also have other special guests from the area popping in to teach their expertise in gardening, permaculture, art, jouraling and more!
- This camp will accommodate 10 kids and we will aim to gather 6 feet apart as much as possible between campers and instructors. (Though they're kids, so we can't be successful 100% of the time.)
- Virtually all activities will be held outdoors, or in our open-air tipis, with social-distancing enforced at all times.
- As per Health Department guidelines, we’ll be screening the campers when they arrive, which may involve taking their temperatures. Campers with any symptoms of COVID, or who have family members with symptoms of COVID, will be strongly encouraged to get a COVID test, and must stay home until they have the results and the symptoms are gone. Campers will also be asked to either sanitize or wash their hands upon arrival.
- Campers will be encouraged, and given ample opportunity, to wash their hands regularly, including after they sneeze. They’ll be taught to us the portable restrooms in safe way, including handling of doors with paper towels. We will have sanitizer in the portable restrooms and at all of our spots on the property where we will be.
- The portable restrooms and any shared surfaces will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- If you have a yoga mat, please send with your child. If not, a blanket will work.
- Please pack your child with a mask. Since we're already outdoors and social-distanced at camp, campers won't be wearing masks the vast majority of the day. Campers will only need to be wearing masks when they’re within the 6 feet of someone else (an instructor who is helping them for example).
- Our staff will be wearing masks whenever they need to move within social-distancing distances (i.e. a camper needs help with a band-aid).